- Yoder YS640S competition cart
- Meat church Holy cow
- Yeti roadie cooler
- Start Yoder pellet smoker, preheat at 275
- Fill hopper with BBQ’r Delight Oak pellets
- Remove from plastic wrap
- Pat dry
- Trim fat
- Apply binder – we use a soppin sauce. Mustard or Worcestershire sauce work also
- Apply Meat Church Holy Cow rub
Inject rub using jaccard meat tenderizer
- Flip brisket and repeat
- Place brisket on top rack of Yoder and insert meat probe (Monitor your cook using the built in FireBoard app)
- Spritz with an apple cider vinegar or Worcestershire once an hour
- At 165 degrees, wrap with 2 layers of pink butcher paper and return to the smoker
- Continue to cook until brisket reaches an internal temp between 195-203. Brisket is done when you can probe and get little to no resistance, similar to inserting probe into butter.
- Remove from smoker and rest in Yeti cooler covered with towels for approx 1-2 hours. If holding longer, wrap tightly with foil first.
- Slice against the grain (hint: the flat grain runs perpendicular to the point (fatty end) so it can be easier to cut the point end, approx 1/3rd, in order to rotate and slice).